Free Search Engine Script in return for test

apps

Hi,

We are a scripting/software company with a product that needs tweaking to run at DreamHost due to default fOpen protocols used here. We’ve lost a few sales to DreamHost clients and would like to make the script available to them.

http://www.inoutscripts.com/products/inout_search_engine/

If anyone would like a free copy of the script in return for allowing us to test a non fOpen version please pm with an active ftp to an unused domain [ideally, a subfolder will do as well] and the mysql details below ready.

You’ll get a free $97 script that’s very popular with webmasters.

Kind Regards

$mysql_server=“localhost”; // MySql Server Name
$mysql_username=“yourdb_username”; // MySql Username
$mysql_password=“password”; // MySql Password
$mysql_dbname=“yourdb_name”; // MySql DataBase name that need to be selected.

Why not just sign up for hosting of your own? It’s very cheap.

Simon’s website
Save $100 on 1-year plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY100[/color] (details)

:slight_smile: - thanks but i’ve got 2 big reseller plans elsewhere already…and personally i always go with hosts who have full cPanel.

But i can tell DreamHost is popular by the rate of lost sales we’ve had :slight_smile:

I would have to say that is definitely your loss. DreamHost’s proprietary panel is a little quirky, but it affords greater control over your domain(s) and service environment than cPanel. It also allows you to manage all aspects of your account, such as payment and referral revenue.

Simon’s website
Save $100 on 1-year plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY100[/color] (details)

And to add to that list, it’s also much, much more secure than cPanel :slight_smile:

While I wish you every success in your endeavors to adapt your code to run on Dreamhost’s deafult PHP installations, I hope no one actually provides the you the information you requested, by sending a PM in response to your post.

Even though the Dreamhost environment is reasonably secure, people giving out ftp credentials and access to a hosted MySQL database to an “unknown” and “unidentifed” user upon request is a pretty scary thought.

Surely you could find a more professional way to approach this than to attempt to barter a software product in exchange for access to a system. The problem is, there are likely sufficient numbers of clueless users out there that some fool will actually send the requested information. :wink:

–rlparker

you know what guys… i’m not fussed. I was keen to make a non-fOpen version for DreamHost users, but don’t feel like you’re doing me any favours.

Domain admin panels is just a q of what u get used to. I tried finding my way around DH admin first time someone from here tried the script a few months ago and personally didn’t like it. But each to their own.

Offer closed

[/quote]

…that’s what happens every time someone wants a free install. I think u scare too easy

Are you saying you routinely acquire domain and MySQL access in exchange for free software? How extraordinarily unprofessional. Surely it is better to offer “beta” copies of your software to testers who then manage their own installation?

In any case, the disabled allow_url_fopen setting can easily be overcome by using cURL, and DreamHost’s Wiki offers a number of script examples to help customers do this by themselves.

Would you be the “inoutscripts” based in India, by the way?

Simon’s website

Of course not!

I am saying when people BUY the script and want free install we need these details to upload and activate the script.

…in any case…I contacted someone who wanted to buy the script and they were cool enough to let us test on one of their domains. The script is now fully functional on DreamHost servers.

eg - current as at time of posting, this is a demo url so may be removed by domain owner soon.

http://downxload.com/latestinoutscript/search.php?search=dreamhost&type=Web

Thanks…sort of…;/

----------
[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0 => Max Discount[/color], [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2 => Max Discount less $1[/color] or Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

[quote]Would you be the “inoutscripts” based in India, by the way?

[/quote]

Ya think?! :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

http://whois.domaintools.com/inoutscripts.com

rlparker:

[/quote]

jessey:

[quote]How extraordinarily unprofessional.

[/quote]

What methods would you suggest?

----------
[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0 => Max Discount[/color], [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2 => Max Discount less $1[/color] or Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]