Forwarding Only Email and Gmail Delivery Problem

I created a forwarding-only e-mail address (@ourdomainname), using DreamHost’s “Manage Email” tab, for the teachers at our school to communicate with each other. An e-mail sent to the forwarding address is delivered to about 12 people and they are the only people who use it and there is no associated mailbox, so this isn’t a forwarding spam issue.

Up until the past month or so it has worked beautifully. Since then, a message sent to the forwarding address from a teacher’s g-mail address is bounced from the other teachers who have g-mail accounts (with the message that it was bounced due to too high a volume of unsolicited email), but is delivered to teachers who don’t have g-mail addresses. In addition, this teacher is no longer receiving messages initiated by other teachers and sent to the forward-only e-mail address until someone else responds to the thread.

I would like to fix this issue so we can use the forward-only address, but I am not sure how to do it or what is causing the problem! Any help appreciated.

gmail may have recently imposed a recipient limit to combat mass marketing. Don’t wait for the resolution… make it happen.

Try different amounts of recipients. Start with nine. If working, leave up a week then increase by 2s until you hit the ceiling.

Or you could of course just create an additional alias email account and split the recipients.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.