Forums Down - Help!

I help to run a forum that is hosted by DreamHost. However, my webmaster is missing (and has been since October), and my forum has gone down! All I get is "Site Temporarily Unavailable
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.

error id: “bad_httpd_conf” "

Now, my Webmaster never left me with any access information on how to log in for this stuff. My forum has been down for three days now, and it’s direly important for me to get it back up. There’s no way that I can get DreamHost support, because I can’t log in to email them, so this is the only thing I can think of. Is there anyway that Dreamhost would be able to fix the error? Thank you…

You really need to get your friend login and everything for you and give you the info to fix the problem because they will not be allowed to give you access unless you are the person paying for the hosting.

Depending on what the issue is, this may be something we can fix on behalf of the owner. Just let us know what the site is and we can either fix it for the owner, or let them know about the issue.

If the owner really is “missing,” then good luck with contacting him. Hopefully Support can kick start it. But the bigger issue is that you have a site you can’t maintain. Do you own the domain registration? Are you paying for the hosting here?

-Scott

Click on andrewf’s name and send him a Private Message with the domain name.

He’s an actual real life DreamHost admin who can do all the magic :wink:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

No, sadly, he’s the one doing everything. I’m going to try to get a hold of him and get the board info for if this happens again, (It happens about every five months) so that I can deal with things when they happen. Hopefully he’ll respond to something I’ve sent him. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit:
Oh, and to sXi - Thank you!