Forum admin panel access?

Hi:

Question #1
Im having difficulties accessing my admin panel from my forum. I keep getting error message that states “the page cannot be displayed”. Please advise.

Question #2
How do i add html to boards in forum?

Missy Miss D

www.dealsandstealsforum.com
BEST! Deals, Steals, Freebies, Coupons, & e-Discounts

so, if you go to http://www.domain.com/forum/admin/index.php what happens?

What should happen is that it prompts you for user/pass, you click submit, and it prompts again - then you get a page titled phpBB Administration.

It’s that’s not working, I’m not sure what’s up with your borad. After using the one click install, you got an e-mail message with some instructions on how to finish up the install, did you follow all of thoes?

Is this forum on the domin www.runefrenzy.com that you mentioned before? becuae it looks to me like the DNS hasn’t propigated yet, and I’m wondering if the mirrored domain isn’t passing this information alogn correctly for some reason.

you can enable HTML posts in your forum when you access the admin panel. There’s an option in general forum condiguration to enable HTML and then you’ll have to specify which tags you want to allow. If you’re waning to post links, just “a” to the list.

-Matttail

My forum domain is at www.dealsandstealsforum.com and i WAS able to access the admin panel earlier today, just i have not been able to access it in the last few hours. I keep getting page not avail message on next page, no login page, like before.

im not sure why???

This was just posted on the panel a bit ago, and I believe expalsin your problems.

"Hello DreamHost Customers!

This is an update about our systemwide problems. It appears that something went out and
killed lots of services on lots of machines. Our main way of managing our machines is via ‘ssh’,
and that has been killed on a lot of our machines as well, slowing our recovery efforts.

What services were found to be killed? A lot of mail services, ssh, DNS, mysql seem to be killed.
For some reason, it looks like websites and database were unaffected.

While there’s a slim possibility that this is an attack on us, it most likely is human error or one
of our internal scripts run awry.

We’re working hard mostly right now to get mail and DNS up and running and solid. We’ll
tackle some of the other problems after that and try to get a more definitive answer to you
soon.

Happy DreamHost Response Team!"

While there’s an oxymoron in there about databases, I am suspecting that this is your issue. I reccomend you take it easy tonight, and see if everythign is all cleard up in the mornign.

-Matttail

thanxs matttail.

i will try to take it easy, and hopefully in the morning all will be up and well. atleast i am able to add items to my forum, just cannot change the colors or style.

i’ll try again tommorrow…thx again for your assistance.

Well, that explains the total weirdness I was having trying to log into the shell yesterday. And one of my databses being toast. Today… is a better day.

is anyone else still not able to access their forums - admin panel? i cant.

what is going on?
This is the page that comes up, when i click on “admin panel” from my new forum. i copied and pasted. Please advise.

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

If you still can not access your admin panel?, someithng apparnetly did not go right with the install. It’s possible support might be able to clear this up for you. I would sigguest you give them a hollar and see where that gets you.

If not you may need to backup your database and clear out the forum and then re-install. The database backup would carry over all of your posts and users, so that would not be lost.

-Matttail

at one point yesterday i was not able to access the forum itself at all…i sent tech support an email request, and they responded today and stated that it was a bad IP issue. so now i am able to access the forum, but STILL not able to access the admin panel to make changes to my forum. jezzzuuussss.

what could possibly be the reason, is it also an IP issue? can anyone here help me with accessing the admin panel on my new forum?

help??? help??? help???