Formmail Question

apps

Hi All.

I use Formmail to handle my webforms.

When someone sends me a form from my website, the 'From’
address is blank.

Any idea how I can put the users email in the ‘From’?

Thanks,
Riggie

the value attribute for the “required” input needs to contain the names of the inputs you want to be required to submit the form, adding email to the list will put their email address in the from field.

That’s making assumptions on your script tho, if you could post the page in question, and the processing script, that would be of more use in helping for sure. If you’re using Dreamhost’s installation of formmail, check this out:

http://formmail.dreamhost.com/

[color=#0000CC]jason[/color]

I also use Formmail, and I think something is not set up properly since I get this:

Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
() on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 21:03:17

What is supposed to be in the “()” area? Email address?

() is empty because you have not set the email input to be a required (read my previous post) input so if someone submits the form with out an email address, you get () instead of (joe@domain.com)

Also in my previous post is a link to DH’s formmail tutorial/readme page. It was writtne for Matt’s formmail but the drop in replacement they use now should be exactly the same from your point of view. Don’t quote me on that, haven’t read through the formmail.dh site in a looong time.

[color=#0000CC]jason[/color]

I did set EMAIL to be required, and the email address shows up in the body of the message…

The part I showed is in the top of the message before the actual message area… Canned text so to speak!

Ken

EXAMPLE:

Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
() on Wednesday, January 21, 2004 at 21:03:17

Name: Henry Ford
Phone Number: 815 yyy xxxx
Email Address: abc123@aol.com

Hello Board Members;

Do you have something like this in your form?

Your Email:
Yes, but it is “Email”, would the case be an issue?

I think that the text is sent down from Dreamhost! It does NOT appear in the file. The only items that I can control appear after the HEADER. So therefore, I am assuming that I have renamed something improperly. I would be happy if it showed the IP address from the form sender.

I hope this is clear! I feel like I am rambling on…

Ken