Formmail- Nor Receiving

I’ve followed the directions on the dreamhost panel and loaded everything through dreamweaver. I think I have everything right but I do not get the email after submitting.

I do get the thank you page though. What could be wrong.

www.kellysphotography.net/contact.htm

You used the “short form” of recipient?

Also, you might look at namefield and emailfield; these are called different things in the instructions, which also don’t use the “id=…”, like you did.

I followed the instructions for form mail and used only the mail box name and not the domain to keep harvesters from getting your email.

I am not sure about the ID and filenames but as I said I get the thank you page spitting back everything I filled in so it is collecting the input data.

I just can not get it to email me the data. I will try using the full email address but hate to. Might have to use java or some other programming language. I hate getting all that spam.

Anyone have any suggestiongs?!

I think there is a wider issue with forms going on at the moment, which may explain your difficulty. See this thread for more.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

[quote]I just can not get it to email me the data. I will try using the full email address but hate to. Might have to use java or some other programming language.

[/quote]

The page already uses ascii codes in the Mailto at the bottom. You can use the same in the form. That’s not perfect, but helps some.

First thing is to get the form working.

If you haven’t done anything weird with mail settings, and use a simple form exactly as in the instructions, and it still doesn’t work, then contact support.

Something funny is going on. I received one of my “test” messages sent to me from nobody@ninja.sd.dreamhost.com

How that person got my form mail I do not know. I do have the email account set up to forward to her regular mail but she never got anything there. I have sent email from my isp to the webmail on her account and it got forwarded.

Dreamhost acts pretty funny at times.