FormMail Layout - Problems & Questions

software development

I’ve been using Dreamhost’s formmail application for years, so I’d say that I’m very familiar with how it works. However, I can never seem to customize the layout of how it appears on the recipents end.

For example, when messages come in, they always look like this:

[b]Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
(name@domain.com) on Friday, October 05, 2007 at 10:29:51

name: Person’s Name
---------------------------------------------------------------------------[/b]

So here are my questions:

1. How do I get rid of the “Below is a result…” text so that it just looks like a normal email message? Having it always list the senders email address, time, etc. is redundant when it’s already included in the incoming message header info anyway.

2. How to I get rid of the lines above & below the message, again so it just looks like a normal email?

3. How do I get rid of the “name” and “message” text from the main body of the message? If I remove it from my script fields, it doesn’t send properly.

These might seem like small nitpicks, but they are VERY annoying for some of my clients who have to respond to these kind of messages. It’s just too much information. All they want to see in the message is the message.

Thanks for any help!

DreamHost is using a heavily modifed version of nms FormMail (see nms programs)

The format of the e-mail messages is hardcoded into the script; there is no template or configuration used. You will need to install your own copy of the script and modify it yourself. This is relatively easy. It would take longer to add template support than to simply change the hardcoded format.

:cool: openvein.org -//- One-time [color=#6600CC]$50.00 discount[/color] on [color=#0000CC]DreamHost[/color] plans: Use ATROPOS7

Atropos7,
Would installing this and configuring it be somehow less secure than the one DreamHost is using?

I have a client who wants modifications to the formatting, but I don’t want to open a can of worms.