Formmail - Error: Too many Recipients

software development

Hi,

I get this error when i tried to include more than 5 recipients in the recipient field. It’s unfortunate because i only need the max to be 6.

The full error statement is:

The number of recipients configured in the form exceeds the maximum number of recipients configured in the script. If you are attempting to configure FormMail to run with this form then you will need to increase the $max_recipients configuration setting in the script.

Is there any way to adjust the $max_recipients variable?

Thanks.

I think it is the case that we cannot change a Dreamhost script.

If you don’t want to use your own script, then here’s a solution I’ve used:

1. Go to the control panel, in the email section.
  2. Build a new email forward. For example, "support@blah.com" where “blah.com” is your own domain.
  3. Put your big list of email addresses into the forwarding field. I’m pretty sure you can do a lot of addresses in there.
  4. Assign “support#blah.com” as your recipient in your call to the mailform script.

Now, the downside to this is that you can’t build up a list of recipients DYNAMICALLY, but if all you want is for the same six people to receive this thing, then that’s a way that might work for you.

Good luck!

Ya, I needed it to be dynamic. It’s not always all six.

I had to grab an external formmail script (http://www.scriptarchive.com/formmail.html)

took a little minute for a noob like me to set it up, but I eventually got it running.

Thanks for replying.

Glad you got it working.

I was rethinking this and thinking if you had to have all six be dynamic, then you would probably be grabbing another script, but if a SUBSET had to be dynamic, you could probably jink something together with a mailing alias.

But the bottom line is you’re back in business, and that’s a good thing! 8)