Form mail

apps

Hi,
this is my first post so Hi :slight_smile:

I was wondering if anybody could help me. Ive used the dreamhost form to mail instructions and have got a working form but does anybody have a bit of coding that would send a confirmation email to the applicant ?

Do you mean to write email function?

Mine is like this:

mail("receiver@test.com", “Subject - Password Retreival”,

"

Dear Customer: ",

“MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n”
.“Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\r\n”
.“From: webmaster@yourdomain.com\r\n”
.“Reply-To: webmaster@yourdomain.com\r\n”
.“X-Mailer: PHP/” . phpversion());
};

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

One option would be to setup an ‘Autoresponder’ for the email address that the form sends to. Mail -> Autoresponders in the panel.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

thx Mark,
that looks like th easier option. lol

thx for helping think i’ll go with Raz2133 - the easier option :slight_smile:

[quote]thx Mark,
that looks like th easier option. lol[/quote]
No problem, I am glad i could be of some assistance.

I am actually setting up a contact form on one of my sites at the moment, and was just about to setup the autoresponder when I spotted your post. :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

:stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry I think I mis-understand your question. You can set up auto-responder as what Raz2133 said to send confirmation email.

The code is useful when you want to forward something to an email. For example, forward feedback or password to an email address.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].