Form File Upload ok unless > 100mb

software development

Hi there,
I host my website at dreamhost and I remarked variables loses when you upload a file >100MB (or earlier, at any case it works fine for 1KB, 10MB).

Situation
The form, http://www.hirvine.com/provmedia/#Form
You have to enter some info like name and email
In the next form you can upload a file
The third page confirms you wether the upload and mail send was succesfully

Problem
When the file is smaller then a big file say 100MB. Everythings ok, but when it’s bigger it fails and my script tells me (isset($_Form[])) variables are lost. But it worked with files smaller than the big file.

Question
Why can’t I upload more than 100MB?
Did I forget something? Yes I allow such a size

Please help
(You are free to try out the script, need source, just ask :slight_smile: , but I’m sure I missed a line)

Actually, I’m surprised you manage to get anything greater than 7 MB on Dreamhost using PHP. Have you compiled a custom version PHP or are you using your own instance of PHP with a modified php.ini file?

Standard php.cgi implementations on Dreamhost have an upload_max_filesize setting of 7 MB, and a post_max_size of 8 MB. Without modifying this (using one of the methods I asked about in the first paragraph - instructions for which are available in Dreamhost Wiki), php based uploads are limited to that value.

note (from the php manual:
If the size of post data is greater than post_max_size, the $_POST and $_FILES superglobals are empty. This can be tracked in various ways, e.g. by passing the $_GET variable to the script processing the data, i.e. , and then checking if $_GET[‘processed’] is set.

You can confirm the status these, and other settings, of your instance of PHP by running a phpinfo program:

<?php // Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL phpinfo(); ?>

–rlparker

I guessed I forgot something like that. Damn, that’s not easy, I’m afraid I ruin something cause I never worked in unix. (School suxx, 3 months unix lessons, I pass and I even haven’t got a clue how to list any files :S) Might as well wait at my unix guy again. :(, hopefully I can get to him at about two week later :cry:.

Thanks for the help it’s really appreciated, at least I know it’s not something in the code.