Forgotten domain name

I registered a domain name a couple of years back and lost
all records of where and with whom I did the registration.
Now when I tried to use that name I am told it is taken
(actually by myself) and therefore I can not use it.

How do I find the company who is maintaining that registration
or hosting that domain (presumbably for free since I have not
seen a bill)?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Assuming your domain name is called “example.com”, point your browser to the following URL:

http://whois.domaintools.com/example.com

It will tell you who your current domain registrar is. You should get in touch with them and explain you have lost all your records. They will provide you with a new username/password combination so that you can manage your domain.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

Thanks. That is helpful.

Don’t feel bad… one time, I was looking up a bunch of names to register and the one I liked was taken. Looked up the WHOIS info for it and saw that the owner had the same name, address and email address as me. :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

And I thought I had too many domains registered!

How many domains do you have? :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

I think it’s close to 200 now. Maybe one day I’ll actually do something with them. :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

I know the feeling, I have the same problem (but on a smaller scale).

All those great ideas that didn’t go anywhere, but one day… :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

I have 26… but only a few are actually used. About half are various TLDs for the same name. Lots of ideas, and no time to implement them unfortunately. I need some lackeys… :slight_smile:

My friends don’t even understand why I have that many. I guess they just don’t realize how much a good name is worth…

MK Web | Open Source Gaming
A Happy DreamHost Code Monster Customer

Don’cha hate it when that happens?! :slight_smile: