Forcing thumbnail rebuild in Gallery2?

apps

Good evening.

I have tried every combination of actions I can think of to force my gallery thumbnails to rebuild. Nothing seems to work. Suggestions?

Thanks
-Mark

From this post:

[quote]I dunno if there’s an easier way, but I do the following:

1. Browse to http://gallery.mysite.tld/lib/support/index.php
  2. Enter your my setup password
  3. Select “Cache Maintenance”
  4. Make sure that thumbnails and resizes is selected
  5. Click the “Clear Cache” button

When that’s done, I go over to rebuild my thumbnails. I think this part only rebuilds the ones that aren’t there and doesn’t force a rebuild, which is why you have to do the nasty stuff up above.[/quote]
Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Thanks! This look familiar. You answered this question before, but I couldn’t find the post. Shame on me. I have saved it to my “misc” directory with a cryptic filename, for next time. :slight_smile:

For some reason, I still cannot exorcise the old thumbnails. This is an album that I created before I knew that I could disable the “square thumbnails” plugin. I actually created square versions of the images with white borders to fill the extra space! The images themselves do not have the borders–I think I went back in and replaced them with non-square versions after the thumbnails had been built. Gallery2 is stubbornly refusing to rebuild them from the non-square images.

I think I am going to have to delete and recreate this album.

-Mark

BTW, are you using the Gallery Remote plugin? It will likely make your recreating the album much easier…

BTW, hi again, Mark!

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

I have tried Gallery Remote, but found it lacking. It is a solid tool for creating an album, but I have been unable to convince it to modify or delete photos once they have been added.

The problem I am having right now is that I have an album full of bad thumbnails that I cannot flush from the cache. The only way I have found to get rid of them is to delete and recreate each photo in the album. Gallery remote would be very helpful for this task if I could convince it to apply my local changes to the server. But so far I can only get it to upload new entries, or to download the album as it exists on the server (overwriting any changes I make locally.) I cannot get it to apply changes and deletions that I make locally.

I have to admit that I’ve only used it to add new photos. I’ll check it out tonight when I get home and let you know if I find anything useful.