For Support Dept

I have 20+ accounts with you guys and yesterday all of my emails stopped working. I am able to receive but not send.

I contacted support to let you know and today to my astonishment I received this email from you:

“What mail hostname are you using as your outgoing SMTP server? Do you have authentication enabled? What about your error message? Please let us know EXACTLY what happens and the exact error message you’re getting and we’ll be happy to help you out.”

If I had just set up my account or even just had one account then the reply would have been appropriate but I have 20 accounts with you and they have been set up for months.

I don’t think you realize how important email is when someone is running a business. I told you in the contact that I have had my accounts for a few months and suddenly the email stopped working, I also told you that my clients emails have also stopped working.

If the email worked for months before, why would you ask me how my clients and I have our email application set up? isn’t it quite obvious that the problem is on your side!! do you really think that my clients and I suddenly changed our email settings one day!!

Very dissapointed,

Vince

http://www.Webmasterbids.com - Auction off your web site real estate.

[quote]If the email worked for months before, why would you ask me
how my clients and I have our email application set up? isn’t it
quite obvious that the problem is on your side!! do you really
think that my clients and I suddenly changed our email settings
one day!!

[/quote]

Mind you, I haven’t seen your support history - so it’s hard to say much without a little more context - but I’d be inclined to agree with you that more could have been done to help.

Is ‘irish’ your Web ID as well?

Send me an email (jeff@dreamhost.com) and I’ll personally take a look into this, make sure your email is working, and straighten out any support quality issues that I can find.

Sorry about the less-than-helpful response… :expressionless:

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin