Font Dropdown Issues

Using Chrome on a MacBook Pro. The dropdown font menu displays something like 5 or 6 options alphabetically, but scrolling is impossible. What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

Could you give more context: where is this font menu? DreamHost email? Remixer? WordPress? etc…

3 Likes

Ha! Yes, of course. I’m designing a website through DreamHost using Remixer. Anytime I attempt to change the font in a text box, I only get the first handful of font choices in the dropdown. Attempting to click or scroll ends up closing the window.

Is that helpful?

1 Like

I don’t have much experience with Remixer, but when I hover over the font name, the dropdown menu appears, then I hover over the dropdown and use a mouse scroll-wheel or tackpad 2-finger gesture to scroll thru the dropdown (20-30 options).

The dropdown does seem a bit wonky. For example, the only way I could get it to respond to the keyboard was to first click on a font name, and then up/down arrows allowed scrolling.

1 Like

If you want to display all, or any explicit number, of menu options you can control them with javascript

<script>
    window.onload = function () {
        var element = document.getElementById('sel');   // GET THE <select> ELEMENT BY ITS ID.
        element.size = 4;  // SET THE NUMBER OF VISIBLE OPTIONS.
    };
</script>

• Add to bottom of mark-up, just above the closing

</html>

The above script should also solve the focus issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.