Flash help

hey i got my site up and i made an intro in flash mx professional and i was wondering how i get it to be so that when someon clicks on my link it goes right into the flash intro…please help!!!

If you must have a flash intro on your site, please be sure to put a big “SKIP INTRO” link at the top of the page so your readers don’t have to sit through it every time they load the front page.

If you want useful replies, ask smart questions.

You want to create an index.htm file and embed the flash object in it.

Your main home page (after the intro) should be something like index2.htm… you’ll need to make sure all your links within your site reflect this or everytime they click home, they’ll go to your flash intro (and be very frustrated).

I would like to second kchrist’s recommendation that you have a text link that let’s them skip your intro.

how do i imbed the flash file into it…what program do i use? fireworks…dreamweaver…nvu…?

how do i make this skip intro button because i tried it and i got thiese error messages in macromedia flash

Error Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 3: Syntax error.
Skip Intro.__schema = {name: “Object”, elements: [{name: “text”, type: {name: “String”, validation: {cls: mx.data.types.Str, className: “mx.data.types.Str”,settings: {}}}}], validation: {cls: mx.data.types.Obj, className: “mx.data.types.Obj”}, original: false};

Error Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 4: Syntax error.
Skip Intro.__editEvents = “focusIn;focusOut”;

Error Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 7: ‘}’ or ‘,’ expected
{component: Skip Intro, property: “text”, event: [“focusOut”,“enter”]},

Error Scene=Scene 1, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 9: Syntax error.
true);

Scene 1, Binding between … and Skip Intro.text.: The endpoint of the binding does not exist
Scene 1, Binding between … and Skip Intro.text.: The endpoint of the binding does not exist
Total ActionScript Errors: 4 Reported Errors: 4

You can just do a plain text link like…

Skip Intro

Your html editor (you’re using NVU, right?) should help do this.

~Chell

yes i am…thakn you

If you’re using Flash MX, I assume you’ve got the Studio bundle with Dreamweaver and Fireworks… if so that makes it really easy.

In Dreamweaver, create a new page. On your floating Insert toolbar, click the Flash logo… it will prompt you for the .swf file (which you will have exported your movie to) you want to embed.

Check out this article.

The Skip Intro should be a plain text link (a href=)that takes users to your index2.htm page.

Good luck!

I would use “index.html” and “index2.html” myself, instead of “.htm”, because the four-letter extension looks more “proper” and less “Microsoftish”.

– Dan