FilesForever

Hi,

I am new to Dreamhost, may I know how to use the amount from filesforever sales proceed?

When will dreamhost credit/debit the account? Because I do not see the sales proceed appear in my account.

Thanks!

Where are you looking for the sales proceeds?

The way I understand it, the proceeds from Files Forever are separate from your normal hosting account. However, at the beginning of each month the Files Forever balance will be applied to your main hosting account balance before being paid out via PayPal. See Files Forever -> Billing History in the panel;

[color=#0000CC]“On the first business day of each month, your Files Forever debt or credit for the previous month will be applied to your DreamHost bill. If, after that, you have over $5 of credit, the rest will be paid out to you via PayPal to this email address:”[/color]

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Hi… thanks for the info. What I meant was, will the debit/credit amount from FileForever show in Billing->View Invoices in the panel?

Or is there anyway I can view the accounting of it? Usually many days it take after the 1st of the month before they send the money to paypal?

May I know why you feel the need to post under different user names with your questions?

i’m new to linux servers system. may i know how to create one subdomain in my web hosting?

may i know how to login into shell via ssh? i’m new to linux

–rlparker

Firstly, I should point out that I am not a big user of Files Forever, my answers are based on how I understand things to work, based on reading the information in the Panel and the wiki article on the subject.

I don’t think you will see anything in the View Invoices section unless you actually had a negative account balance and your Files Forever proceeds were used to cover this balance.

As far as I know, the only way to view the history of Files Forever payments is using the Files Forever -> Billing History page in the panel. Use the dropdown control to select the month you are interested in.

The wiki article says the payments are handled the same as rewards payments and they usually vanish from the rewards section of the panel on the 1st and turn up in PayPal around the 3rd or 4th (depending on public holidays etc.). You should receive an email from PayPal when the payment has been received.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

I dont understand, I only register one user name in this forum and its the same username for my DH hosting.

Hmmm… interesting observation, I hadn’t noticed that.

Strange.

Mark

It seems so to me, not that it really makes any difference…I was just curious :wink:

–rlparker

I can understand that, if it isn’t the same person, it is one extraordinary co-incidence! :slight_smile:

Mark

No difference. Curious kill cats, but cats 9 lifes have.

For Customers, by Customers, of DreamHost