Files Forever question

I’m not sure I understand the Files Forever service. It says you pay a “one-time fee” of $.01/4 MB. Then it says “you are charged the one-time fee of $.01/4 MB for each new copy of a file sold or given to another user.” Which is it? If I have a 4 MB mp3 I want to share with several people, do I pay $.01 once, or once for every person who I want to share it with?

(edited)

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

The key is found in the last sentence:

You are charged $.01/4MB for the upload. You are allowed to download the file an unlimited number of times after that, forever.

When you share the file with someone else, you have to pay the $.01/4MB fee for them to have the privilege of being able to download that file forever.

Here is the whole paragraph for context:

Extra lifetime domain and $82 off with code [color=#CC0000]1DOM82[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Other Dreamhost coupon codes

Hm, something like Rapidshare ?

But Rapidshare is a free one :slight_smile:

Dino
Get YOUR $97 off on yearly plan with [color=#CC0000]YOUGET97 [/color] promo code. Sign Up NOW

[quote]Hm, something like Rapidshare ?

But Rapidshare is a free one :)[/quote]
Well, there are a couple of big differences between Rapidshare and Files Forever. I think the significant differences are that:

1. In Rapidshare, your file has to be downloaded at least every 30 days in order to avoid being deleted.
  2. Downloaders are bandwidth-limited unless they purchase a paid account - and I think the limit is 100 MB a day or something like that, but I can’t remember and it’s not posted on their website.

Point #1 is a real killer if you’re really looking for permanent storage of your file.

Point #2 is pretty annoying for your users if you’re sharing a large file with them. It also means that in practice, you’re forced to split your large files and have your users join them back together again after they’ve downloaded the parts - say using rar or some tool like it.

Extra lifetime domain and $82 off with code [color=#CC0000]1DOM82[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. More Dreamhost coupons