Files.dreamhost.com gets slower and slower

I often use the dreamhost file management system located at https://files.dreamhost.com. To take today as an example, I’ve been using it fairly constantly for about 6 hours so far, the web page would be open all the time when I take breaks etc. I’ve been editing a custom web app purely through this system.

So for the first few hours it’s usually fine, works as fast as I can expect and no errors. After that, I start to get errors where the directory won’t load, or the file can’t save with a timed out error.

Then while I continue to work, these errors will pop up more and more making it harder to save a file successfully each time I need to save my progress. I would save that from getting the first error, within an hour and a half the system becomes unusable - it gets to a point where it takes a couple of minutes to attempt loading each file or directory, and almost always fails with this error.

Closing the web page and re-opening it doesn’t fix it, restarting doesn’t fix it, I haven’t found a fix for this. But every morning when I come in and start again, everything fine again. Can anyone help with this?

Use an SFTP client and set it to load files into a local editor such as Sublime Text on double-click. As you save an open file locally it will be uploaded.

yeah have started doing that now. didn’t do it before as I can’t connect to dreamhost via secure ftp but just bit the bullet and got on with it now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.