File Uploading: Max file size limit

software development

Is it possible to raise the max file size upload limit for my Wordpress installation? What’s the best to achieve this? ini_set? .htaccess? My own php.ini?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

---------- KekBur.com ----------
Sacrifice the world.
Supporting beer since 1985.

Hiya,

You should set up your own Custom PHP.ini

Cheers,
Karl

web design, development & seo by DigitalVibe

Thank you very much for your assistance. Creating my own php.ini did the trick and now I have everything configured as I wanted :slight_smile:

Regards

---------- KekBur.com ----------
Sacrifice the world.
Supporting beer since 1985.

you can use a .htaccess file on your folder:

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php
php_value post_max_size 150M
php_value upload_max_filesize 150M
php_value memory_limit 250M

[quote]
you can use a .htaccess file on your folder:

php_value memory_limit 250M[/quote]
No you can’t. The only ways to do this are with a custom install, or a custom php.ini.

si-blog
Max discount on any plan with promocode SCJESSEYTOTAL

[quote]you can use a .htaccess file on your folder:

php_value memory_limit 250M[/quote]
Well, that seems to “work”, but you probably won’t like the results! :wink:

1. That handler invokes the mod_php installation that may be available on your particular server (and may NOT be available on all servers)

2. It uses mod_php 4.4.8, which can be a problem if you are expecting to be running PHP5 (and some applications require PHP5 )

3. mod-php runs as the dhapache user, not your user as is normal when running PHP-CGI under suexec, and this can cause major permissions issues with web applications that were installed using permissions appropriate for running under suexec . You will have to open up your permissions for the application to write to your directories - generally not a good thing to do.

4. DreamHost may, at any time, remove the ability to run mod_php. It has been “undocumented” and not advertised as a “feature” for a long time now.

In short, this is not a good way to attempt to modify your PHP settings for production environments. :wink:

–rlparker

Don’t mean to steal this topic, but I have a doubt I have never been able to understand.

I understand the default installation of PHP5 runs as CGI.
If, instead of installing my own version of PHP, I configure one of my domains to use its own php.ini (so I can tune up some settings) does it still run as CGI or it goes back to running as a PHP module?

cheers!

IF you use the instructions contained in the wiki articles on “php.ini” and “custom phpl.ini”, you will still end up running PHP-CGI.

However, if you use the handler information that was shared earlier in this thread, you will end up running mod_php. :wink:

–rlparker

Much appreciated rlparker, that’s exactly what I needed to know

Good deal … I’m glad my response was helpful! :slight_smile:

–rlparker