File not showing up using HTTP

I uploaded a large file (3GB) to an area protected by .htaccess (password-protected). The file is in a directory with other files. When I access this directory using FTP, I can see all files, but when I access this directory using my web browser (HTTP), I can see all files except the large one. I checked file permission and ownership, they are the same as other files. If I upload other files, they show up just fine. I could upload this large file again, but it took me 6 days to upload so I’m not that hot. Do you know what may be causing this?

if you do a search here in the forum, you will see that many users also found that.
It has to do with the version of apache installed that limits files to 2GiB.

BUGabundo :o)
promo here
50$ discount with promo code “BUG50” on ALL plans
Free lifetime Domain with “BUGDOMAIN” promo code

Oh, no :’(

u have an easy sollution
just use split
#split -b 1g filename.
(this will split the file into blocks of 1GiB)

and then after download, just use cat
#cat filename.?? > filename; rm -vi filename.??

promo here

Thanks. The problem is that most of the time I’m on XP. I guess I’ll just use WinRAR to cut it here and I’ll upload the two parts :frowning:

if you already have the file on DH, u can just use tar or zip and have the server split it for you.
just remember to use a low nice value
#nice -n 15 tar blabla

promo here

(If you don’t know about it, long running processes can get killed by the process killer. Using nice generally says, “I know it’s going to be long, but please let it run”)

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

Yes. Thanks again :slight_smile:

I do plenty of cats and splits on my account on 500MiB plus files with nices of 15, and haven’t had a problem yet.
Of course I always monitor the server load, so I wont bother my “neighbors”

promo here