File Locking problem

I’ve had my website up and running for a few months using the Pylons python framework. So far, so good.

However I made some changes, which I checked had worked, everything seemed fine. But this morning the whole site is down and I kept getting this error message:

[Sun Dec 09 00:23:08 2007] [error] [client 66.249.70.152] FastCGI: server “/home/[snip]/dispatch.fcgi” stderr: Erro
r - myghty.exception.Error: Error(IOError): [Errno 37] No locks available at /home/[snip]/lib/python2.4/site-packages/My
ghty-1.1-py2.4.egg/myghty/synchronization.py line 227

It seems that the template module Myghty uses fcntl.flock() to lock files, this has suddenly started failing. I’m not sure whether it was a change I made – I’ve rolled back to my previous working version, and it still doesn’t work – or dreamhost have changed something and locks no longer work. Or somehow I’ve screwed up some permissions for something.

Does anyone know anything about flock(), as I know it isn’t supposed to work on NFS but it has obviously been working fine up until now?

Thanks,
Dave

Dave

Did you change the file permission on the folder. You may need write permission for flock to function.

Other than that, I can’t think of any solution but to contact DH support :frowning:

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here