File Location

Hello, I’m a total newbie. I’ve uploaded a .swf file and the html and gif files that go with it using filezilla, no problem there. I uploaded these files to my ftp.domain, I can see the files in webftp. Where do I move these files to? I have not built a website yet, but in the mean time I’d like to display this video on a sales page which has it’s own hosting included. Using a “src=http://www.mydomain.com” is this possible? Thanks for the help.

You need some sort of hosting where you’ll get a mydomain.com type folder in your home directory. If you don’t have a registered domain here yet, you can use a dreamhosters domain in the mean time. Go to the panel and select Domains -> Manage Domains and create a New Fully Hosted domain and call it something like "jeffop.dreamhosters.com"
Be sure to make it a subdomain of dreamhosters.com and you’ll be fine. Then the URL for your HTML and SWF will be:
http://jeffop.dreamhosters.com/launcher.html (or something like that).

-Scott

And some new users often make this mistake of uploading files to wrong directory.

After you have a domain and hosting as Scott said, you will see three directories in your webftp. “Maildir”, “Logs”, and “yourdomain.com”. Remember to upload yours files into “yourdomain.com” directory.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Upload your files into the public_html folder

Web Hosting Reviews
Go Daddy Coupons and Promo Codes

@glob: There is no public_html here.

DH implements a purer environment than the wannabe Windoze Cpanel hosts.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

Quit showing off… you only know that because you have an account here and didn’t register on the forum just to spam sites that aren’t even hosted here. :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue: Maximum savings promo code: MaxSavingsAtDH

I have a sudden urge to go over to bluejoke and tell users to upload all their files to the domain.com folder :stuck_out_tongue:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

Thanks everyone! :slight_smile:

Jeff