File Conversion

I have a videotube clone essentially (no need to go into details). My php is all correctly configured for it (using a php.ini of course), my paths are all correct (the script has a check for it so its connected to them). The essential programs are Mplayer, Mencoder, Flvtool2, FFmpeg, lame, etc. Yet everytime a upload a video it says conversion was successful and it does not play although it does have the exact duration of the file. Could this mean one of the installations are corrupt? Or need to be reinstalled? Should i try to install some kind of flash-player related object?

Appreciate any ideas or help, thanks… pretty frustrating

Check that the converted file was created and moved to the correct location.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

it looks as if only the video clip was uploaded, not converted, i found it in my video folder but not the flv folder which i would guess is where the converted files are supposed to end up in.

If the script is using PHP to send commands to, or run scripts from the CLI, be aware that they’ll be using a totally different environment than your base website. The default at the CLI is PHP4 using DreamHost default $PATH’s.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

I’ll be honest I’m not real sure what you said, my knowledge is spotty xP.