Field forms

I want to put a form in my wepage for people to submit their email address, but as I know next to nothing about web design, I’m using Microsoft Front Page.

However, when I ask it how I can get the form results emailed to me, I was told the following:

To collect form results in an e-mail message, contact your Web server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP) (ISP: A business that provides access to the Internet for such things as electronic mail, chat rooms, or use of the World Wide Web. Some ISPs are multinational, offering access in many locations, while others are limited to a specific region.) to ensure that the server is running Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions (FrontPage Server Extensions: A set of programs and scripts that support authoring in FrontPage and extend the functionality of a Web server.), SharePoint Team Services version 1.0 from Microsoft, or Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services.
Additionally, the server must be configured to send e-mail. Contact your server administrator or your Internet service provider (ISP) (ISP: A business that provides access to the Internet for such things as electronic mail, chat rooms, or use of the World Wide Web. Some ISPs are multinational, offering access in many locations, while others are limited to a specific region.) to find out if the Web server that hosts your Web site is confiured to send e-mail.

I looked everywhere I could think of, and I couldn’t seem to find out if Dreamhost runs these server extensions. Can anybody help?

See under the Goodies section of the ControlPanel for ‘frontpage’ and ‘formmail’. They may help you.

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

That was a great help, thanks very much!