FFmpeg

apps

I’d like to use FFmpeg on my site. The wrapper module I’m using to access FFmpeg can’t find the shared host installation using the path “/usr/bin/ffmpeg”, so I’d like to install a copy under my own domain.

Unfortunately, the Dreamhost wiki on installing FFmpeg within your own domain is out of date. Step 9 returns an error. Since Dreamhost support does not support 3rd party software, anybody want to take a crack at updating the wiki?

I’m wondering why your wrapper can’t find /usr/bin/ffmpeg. It’s there on my server, and my Galley 2 finds it just fine.

-Scott

Type which ffmpeg in shell to locate the path.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

/usr/bin/ffmpeg is indeed the correct path.

I’m not using this for Gallery, however.

In any regards, my wrapper script isn’t finding the shared version, and I’d like to try installing a domain-specific version. But the wiki is out of date, and I’m not sure about the best way to go about installing/compiling FFmpeg.

Are you certain it’s not the wrapper that requires your attention?

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Step 9, the svn checkout, works for me at home and in my DreamHost shell account.

-Scott

Turns out that I mis-read part of the wiki when doing my installation! I have since edited the wiki to provide more clarity for future users.

As an aside, I still can’t get the wrapper script to recognize either the shared or my custom installation of FFmpeg. It does recognize the vhook libraries, though. It seems that my troubles are not a path or permissions issue, but probably some kind of configuration problem. I have contacted the vendor for support.

Hello all,

I was trying to install ffmpeg-php ( ffmpeg installed fine ), it showing following error,

./configure

./configure : No Such File or Directory.

Then I tried something http://wiki.dreamhost.com/PHP5_installscript

& now phpize showing following error,
[nitti]$ /usr/local/bin/phpize
Cannot find config.m4.
Make sure that you run ‘/usr/local/bin/phpize’ in the top level source directory of the module

Before It was showing autoconf not found,

so pls help me, How I revert back phpize & fix autoconf issue & install properly ffmpeg-php properly.

Thanks in advance. pls let me know asap,

Partha

Hello,

At last I installed php-ffmpeg , but its not showing in phpinfo.php Pls help asap…

Thanks

Partha