Few questions regarding Domains

Yesterday I made the mistake of using godaddy.com as my host and domain provider. I didn’t know this until after I had signed up, but the free month comes with an unsightly banner at the top of my page. It can be seen in IE, but not firefox with the ad&/or script blocker. So after seeing that and how slow their hosting was, I looked around and found DreamHost. Problem is is from what I’ve read on here is that you have to have the domain for 60+ days in order to transfer.

My question is is if I make an account here for hosting, could I eventually transfer my domain to DreamHost after the 60 days? Also, one other question I have is if I made an account here, is the process for using my current godaddy.com domain easy to do?

Yes you can transfer it to dreamhost after 60 days (but you can use it here before, you just have to change dns).

Yes it’s easy to do, there is even a video tutorial to transfer a domain from godaddy to dreamhost :slight_smile:

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Video_test

EDIT : ooops, sorry, this video is for dns changes.
But transfer a domain is easy, you need the auth code (you will find it on your godaddy control panel) of your domain, and accept transfer by email.
Then you have to wait 5 days or force accept on pending transfer in your godaddy control panel.

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

Sure…when you have completed the 60 days, you can just xfer the domain to DH as a registrar (you will pay for another year@$9.95, but the time will be added to your existing time).

[quote]if I made an account here, is the process for using my current godaddy.com domain easy to do?
[/quote]
Yes. At God*ddy, Just set your nameservers for that domain to the DH nameservers, add the domain to your DH account for hosting, and you are good to go. :slight_smile:

–rlparker

Thanks for the quick replies.

Yeah, all you need to do is set your nameservers to point to DH, and then, once you’re able to, you can transfer the name, if you’d like.

EDIT: Err, I’m not good at ready replies. I guess that has already been said…

For 30% more diskspace, 30% more bandwidth, and $40 off use promo code [color=#CC0000]THEFULLMONTY[/color]

Web Design and Development

Godaddy’s not bad as registrar. You can easily point to DreamHost’s name servers for hosting and leave registration at godaddy as long as you want.

----------
[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0 => Max Discount[/color], [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2 => Max Discount less $1[/color] or Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

You can simply point the domain to DH by modifying DNS names. You may want to refer this article http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/DNS_-_Viewing_site_before_DNS_change

Save $97 with promo code: [color=#CC0000]97YES Sign Up NOW[/color]

I would recommend that you choose “Just a dreamhosters.com sub-domain for now (you can still register a free domain later)!” when signing up with DreamHost is you wish to take advantaage of the free domain registration included with the plans. Alternatively, if you wish to have more than one domain, you may want to use the domain registration promotional code which you are able to find around the forum.

Check Out DreamHost Promo Codes