Hi there,
I’m looking to set cron job for Worpress :
25 * * * * cd $HOME/myusername/mysite.com/wp-content ; php -q update-feeds.php
but don’t work
Support suggest me this :

25 * * * * /usr/local/bin/php -q /home/user/domain.com/update-feeds.php

nothing anyway …

Same problem here:
http://discussion.dreamhost.com/showflat.pl?Cat=0&Board=3rdparty&Number=59950&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1
http://discussion.dreamhost.com/showflat.pl?Cat=0&Board=forum_beginners&Number=42690&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1
http://discussion.dreamhost.com/showflat.pl?Cat=0&Board=3rdparty&Number=83292&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1

Someone can help me please?
Many thanks

turifungia
Barzellette | Calcolo ici

Those two cron jobs are are not attempting to run the same (in addition to being in different formats).

Where is update-feeds.php?

If you included the full paths as Tech Support suggested, but were trying to run the file you indicated in your version, the cron job should look like this:

25 * * * * /usr/local/bin/php -q /home/user/domain.com/wp-content/update-feeds.php

Why don’t you try that and see if it works?

Note: The latest published version of FeedWordPress (0.981) only claims to work with version 2.1 of WordPress; DreamHost installs version 2.2.1 of WordPress with their one-click installer. What version of WordPress are you running? There have been reports (see the thread you just mentioned) that a functioning FeedWordPress might to have been broken by the latest WordPress upgrade.

[color=#CC0000]EDIT:[/color] From the FeedWordPress author’s website, a user has reported:

"Mar replied:

wp2.1.2 total not working for all hosting! It look like working on some hosting but not. All the feed links got cut or wrong links(it was ok when preview). Back to wp2.0.5 and fwp0.98 everything fine. – posted 19 March 2007 at 3:26 pm"

It’s starting to look to me as though the plugin itself may have some problems with the latest version of WordPress. :wink:

[color=#CC0000]EDIT #2[/color] I got curious and did a little research; it seems you are not alone, and the problems are not just with DreamHost. Check out this WordPress Support Forum thread from within the last 60 days (and it looks more like a problem with FeedWordPress than it does a problem with either WP or DH here also).

–rlparker

[quote]25 * * * * /usr/local/bin/php -q /home/user/domain.com/wp-content/update-feeds.php

Why don’t you try that and see if it works?

[/quote]

Already, but nothing happens :frowning:

Maybe no chance in this hosting…

turifungia

Well, to the degree that it works at all, it could probably be made to work with DreamHost as well as it could with any other host, but there would likely need to be some re-coding.

Without thoroughly reviewing the code, or knowing what errors you are actually seeing (and are in your log), I suspect that there may be issues with PHP-CGI, PHP5.21, MySQL 5, the absence of certain functions in the DH PHP installation, etc. or any combination of the above.

It would take somebody interested enough in the script, and skillful enough with PHP, the DreamHost environment, and MySQL to sort it all out. :wink:

There is a huge amount of discussion on the WordPress forums about this plug-in (146 posts!), and the general trend of the 30-40 threads I’ve reviewed are not encouraging. :frowning:

–rlparker

now work!!!
my mistake…!!!

right string is :
/usr/local/bin/php -q /home/user/site.com/wp-content/update-feeds.php

turifungia

I’m glad you got it working! And I guess now we have the answer! :wink:

–rlparker