Fatal error: Uncaught Error:

wordpress

I uploaded the theme I bought from themeforest.net to my server. When I activated the theme, the server encountered issues. I found some tips from google saying that renaming the name for the theme (folder) which caused the problem could help. So I did, and I got this return message:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_escape_string() in /home/storieslocal/storieslocal.org/wp-content/themes/twentyseventeen/functions.php:60 Stack trace: #0 /home/storieslocal/storieslocal.org/wp-settings.php(426): include() #1 /home/storieslocal/storieslocal.org/wp-config.php(96): require_once(’/home/storieslo…’) #2 /home/storieslocal/storieslocal.org/wp-load.php(37): require_once(’/home/storieslo…’) #3 /home/storieslocal/storieslocal.org/wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once(’/home/storieslo…’) #4 /home/storieslocal/storieslocal.org/index.php(17): require(’/home/storieslo…’) #5 {main} thrown in /home/storieslocal/storieslocal.org/wp-content/themes/twentyseventeen/functions.php on line 60

Please help!

First, have you contacted the authors of the theme to get support from them once you saw the server issue after activating the theme? What did they say?

If they don’t provide support for their theme, let’s start tracing the root cause: what was the server issue? What’s in the logs exactly? What’s the theme name?

Don’t follow blindly instructions on google, and if you do, describe exactly what you’ve done so we get a clue (or link to the instructions you followed.)

I hope you have a backup of your site that you can restore and start fresh (or that you can trace back your steps to bring your WordPress site to a working state.) Once you have the site back working, you can start again fixing this new theme.

Thank you for the reply!

I have been using the dreamhost “one-click installs” function to playing on this.
And thank you for the advice! I will look into that!

Appreciated!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.