Fatal error: Allowed memory size exhausted

I’m running WordPress with the WP-DBManager plugin which automatically backups my database.

Until last week, before the oranjestad server went down, daily database backups were sent to my email. However, since the server broke and has now been restored the emailing of the automated updates stopped and my PHP error log shows following error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 94371840 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 22930823 bytes) in /home/user/domain.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-dbmanager/database-manage.php on line 86

I tried uninstalling and installing the plugin, but without joy.

Many thanks in anticipation of your advice :slight_smile:

WordPress installs on DreamHost are very close to the memory limit set to running processes in the shared servers. This means that “everything might work fine” until you hit a threshold… and possibly the ‘new’ server has ever-so-slightly different settings.

This is what I do to get everything working under my 70+ WP sites on DH without running into memory problems: https://discussion.dreamhost.com/thread-131416-post-142854.html#pid142854 Aye, not using FastCGI will mean a slight performance hit (that’s why I use both a cache and a free external CDN as a front-end) but memory will never run out that way, and memory is what is at a premium on DreamHost…