If you have a chance, could you tell me what you did to get the script to work? I tried to run its test, but I must be doing something completely wrong. Here's what I did:
1) Copy fcgi.py to public web dir
2) Change extension to .fcgi
3) Make sure it's executable
4) Hit it with a web browser
After about a minute, I see an HTTP 500 error. In the web server's error log, I see:
[Wed Jul 20 09:19:40 2005] [error] [client 22.214.171.124] FastCGI: comm with (dynamic) server "/home/chompy/chompy.net/fcgi.fcgi" aborted: (first read) idle timeout (60 sec)
[Wed Jul 20 09:19:40 2005] [error] [client 126.96.36.199] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server "/home/chompy/chompy.net/fcgi.fcgi"
Obviously I haven't even begun to wrap my head around this, but I'm hoping to eventually be able to convert some of my Python CGI scripts to use FastCGI, and then maybe start playing around with the Django framework. But right now I'd be happy just to be able to make a few baby steps.