Extra Disk Bonus

Need to ask about extra disk bonus option when we want to create a promotion code. Is is taken from our current disk space or the percentage of DH space sign up offer ?

Looking for Promo Code ? $97 off for yearly plan with [color=#00CC00] GREENCODE SIGN UP NOW[/color]

From the % of FH space signup offer.

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

I don’t really understand the question. What are the two options you’re speculating about?

Extra lifetime domain and $82 off with code [color=#CC0000]1DOM82[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Other Dreamhost coupon codes

Well, I want to create a promotion code which gives away disk space. But I’m just not really sure whether it is the percentage of space taken from my current space or it is taken from 500 GB of space DH offer at sign up. :slight_smile:

Looking for Promo Code ? $97 off for yearly plan with [color=#00CC00] GREENCODE SIGN UP NOW[/color]

I see. Thanks for the confirmation. :wink:

So were you thinking that you were actually giving away space from your own account? In such a case, how would it work if 100 people signed up using that code? :wink:

As moua has said, this is what really happens, though it’s not entirely clear whether the bonus just applies to the signup amount or whether it would also apply to your “growth” amounts.

Really, it’s hard to see how any of these disk or bandwidth codes makes financial sense - especially with the current 500GB initial allocation. You should also remember that we’re getting 2GB extra space every week, which comes out to around 100GB a year, so if you think you might need extra disk space in the future, you’ll probably have it by the time you need it.

Then again, everyone’s needs are different and I suppose there are sites out there that are going to host large downloads and will need the extra hosting space - though I suspect that you’d run out of bandwidth before you ran out of disk space.

Extra lifetime domain and $82 off with code [color=#CC0000]1DOM82[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Other Dreamhost coupon codes

Ah… correct. How stupid am I. :stuck_out_tongue:

Then I can say giving away disk space is not very tempting huh ?

Man… thanks for your replies. I think I will cancel creating a promo code that give away space.

Don’t feel bad. These things can be very confusing at times!

[quote]Then I can say giving away disk space is not very tempting huh ?

Man… thanks for your replies. I think I will cancel creating a promo code that give away space.[/quote]
Go ahead and create the code, there’s someone out there who will find it attractive and use it. I created one of these a while back and I think I’ve seen one or two people who’ve used it.

Did no one say that basically you’re using your 97$ credit to BUY bonuses with the promo code? Like a domain registration or and IP address or extra disk or bandwidth? They all come out of the 97$ credit you have for a referral.

They actually are pretty good deals if someone wants that feature but there are just too many options to just have codes laying around.

Craft codes specifically for people you’re referring and you can tune it to their needs. And do remember that bandwidth and disk often grow much faster than most people can use it even with the default values.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

I once created code gives away disk space and domains, but seems not to be very effective. The most ‘clicked’ and signed up is still $97 off code :slight_smile:

Dino
Get YOUR $97 off on yearly plan with [color=#CC0000]YOUGET97 [/color] promo code. Sign Up NOW

Cause it’s the best deal. Giving domains cannot be too effective as it only cost $6.59 at some registrars opposed to DH’s price.

Supernova

Need promo code? Use [color=#00CC00]Supernova[/color] (you get $97 off on yearly plans): SIGN UP NOW !

Check out instructions on how to apply the code !

$97 off is a great deal.

The best promo code in the universe: [color=#00CC00]Red[/color][color=#CC0000]Green[/color]

everyone likes money but other codes = more when you stay a long time. 3 ip code is worth 140.00 every year

I think the domains are a great deal because they would otherwise be $9.95 a year at dreamhost. Even at $6.59 a year, you’d be ahead with a domain registration feature code after the third year (and very close to breaking even after two).

Will try to craft the code’s again then :wink:

Supernova

Need promo code? Use [color=#00CC00]Supernova[/color] (you get $97 off on yearly plans): SIGN UP NOW !

Check out instructions on how to apply the code !

Hey, just because i think it’s a great deal doesn’t mean that anyone else does or will use the code. I actually agree that most people just want to the cash discount because they want to give dreamhost a try at $22.40 for a year and then renew when they feel comfortable. The lower risk associated with the lower cash outlay for the first year makes up for any additional long-term expenses.