External MySQL access not working

Hi there,

I’m trying to use my brand new MySQL databases with my old hosting at aruba.it (which I’ve paid until Feb 2007 so it’s too soon to move it here). Well, I have Mediawiki installed at www.taurusiv.net/wiki. I’ve already set the allowed addresses in the Panel > Goodies > MySQL > Modify User… and then “From what hosts (computers) may user connect to these databases?” The list follows:

%.dreamhost.com %.aruba.it %.taurusiv.net 62.149.128.166 62.149.130.127
Ok. First below dreamhost is my current hosting. Then goes the current domain name. And then the IP addresses for the domain host machine and the www host machine…

But still I’m getting the following error when I try to access the wiki:

Can’t contact the database server: Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘mysql.oldfield.es’ (10060) (mysql.oldfield.es)

Question is: Why I can’t connect? What am I doing wrong???

This is really annoying :frowning:

Thanks in advance for the help and best regards,

– Wayfarer

P.S. Needless to say, I’ve already modified the LocalSettings.php file with the new hostname, username and password and also all the data has been already transferred from the old database to the new one…

can u post the code of the config file of your mediawiki on your other hosting? where you would put in the mysql information…

You could temporarly allow any IP from any domain to access your database and see if that fixes the problem. you obviously don’t want to leave it that way, but it might help you fiugre out where the problem is.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website