External CSS error

design

Okay, so my original working practice page is http://www.torifest.com/temp/help.html

It has the CSS in the html file. The CSS works.

My next practice was to make the CSS file external. So I made the file http://www.torifest.com/temp/help2.html which has the following in it:

When I view help2.html in both IE and Mozilla, the CSS doesn’t work. In fact, maybe 4 lines of it do. The rest is gone.

I thought maybe my code was wrong, so I dug out my practice book “Eric Meyer on CSS: Mastering the Language of Web Design” and the files of code that came with it. Project two is the page I’m practicing with, I just tried to do it myself without his code.
So I pulled up his code with his externally linked CSS file.

Guess what, his does the same thing mine does. Doesn’t work.

???
I thought I was catching on.

Raven

www.torifest.com
www.6-58.com

open up your .css stylesheet, delete what you have and just paste the code at the end of this message in there. worked for me. if you are still having problems, change the code in your help2 in the link to your stylesheet to

I don’t think that that is the problem, but your css has a few errors.

body {margin: 4px; color: black; background: white url(WidgetCoLogo.gif) center no-repeat;}
a:link {color: #008000;}
a:visited {color: #004080;}
div.release {text-align: center; border-top: 1px solid black; border-bottom: 1px solid black; text-transform: uppercase; border-right: 10px solid black;}
table {width: 100%; margin: 0;}
table td {padding: 0px 10px 0px 10px; vertical-align: top; font-family: Verana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}
td.contact-info {text-align: right; width: 150px; border-right: 10px solid black;}
td.contact-info:first-line {font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase;}
td.title {font-size: 230%; vertical-align: top; font-family: Times New Roman; font-weight: bold;}
div.subtitle {font-size: 140%; font-style: italic; text-align: center; margin: 0px 143px 0px 143px; padding: 9px;}
p {font-size: 85%; text-align: justify; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px; padding: 9px;}
div#company-info {border: solid 2px #00b700; background: #fdfccc; padding: 9px; margin: 10px 150px 10px 150px; border-left: solid 40px #00b700; font-style: italic;}
a.stockinfo {font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; color: blue; background: #fdfccc;}
a.stockinfo:hover {background: blue; color: #fdfccc;}
div#footer {text-align: center; border-top: 1px solid #c0c0c0; font-size: 75%; margin: 20px 0 0 0; color: #c0c0c0; letter-spacing: 1px;}
div#footer a:link {text-decoration: none; color: #808080;}
div#footer a:visited {color: #8887788;}

I just copied and pasted, yet somehow, several lines of my code disappeared and didn’t make it into the external style sheet.
Once I fixed that, it worked.

Thanks for the help!
Raven

www.torifest.com
www.6-58.com