Expression Engine URLs

apps

I’m trying to get rid of the index.php in my EE urls. I’ve tried all the methods of creating/modifying the .htaccess in the root directory (where the index.php file resides) discussed on EE’s forum and wiki and none of them seem to work for me. From what I’ve read it sounds like others have had problems with EE and Dreamhost too. Can anyone here answer me if there’s a way to get rid of that pesky index.php - my EE site is eetest.iamdanielmarino.com

Thanks

Daniel Marino | www.iamdanielmarino.com

RewriteEngine On #Handle comment redirection RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} !^POST RewriteRule ^template_group/?(.*)$ /$1 [R=301,L] #Handle removal of index.php and template group from EE URLs RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php/template_group/$1 [L] Then go to Control Panel Home › Admin › System Preferences › General Configuration and completely delete the value for the index.php.

More info

Read my blog. You know you want to…

Same problem - still not working…

Do you have the same problem with a basic .htaccess like this:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?/$1 [L]

(Note the question mark after index.php; sometimes it works better with it and sometimes without it).

I’ve tried it with and without the question mark - I shouldn’t need to use it though because I’m not using “Forced Query Strings”

Hmm, I’m sorry, I don’t know what else to suggest. I’ve been playing with CodeIgniter lately and I removed index.php from the config and made my .htaccess look like this:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [QSA,L]

That worked for me, but CI isn’t as complex as EE (though they’re closely related). Hopefully someone else has some ideas.