Exceeded maximum IMAP connections?

My IMAP client (Thunderbird) is configured for 7 email accounts hosted by DH, all IMAP, and all on the same domain. I set them all to “connect on startup” but I get this error:

screen shot

In short, it is saying that it is unable to connect to my IMAP server because I have exceeded the maximum number of connections. It says I can change the number of cached connections within Thunderbird to fix the problem.

What is the easiest way to fix this problem? I am new to IMAP, I used to use POP3 for everything. What number of cached connections should I tell Thunderbird?

I have a few domains hosted with DH, and one of them has been having IMAP problems for the past couple of days - been seeing that error with local client apps as well as webmail.

I have been having the same problem for the past couple of days and filed a support ticket this morning. I just got a reply saying that they have found an issue with the load balancer and are working to get it resolved ASAP.

Tony,

I was considering hair implants but I will ask my dermatologist about load balancing the next time I see her.

I hope this issue gets resolved soon. I was thinking it was because I added an extra email account. Thanks for the help.

I am not sure if it is related, but when trying to use webmail I get ocasionally:

ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.

Notice that this does not happen always (sometimes it works), but it happens a lot of times.

Also notice, it happens from within the webmail, not in a email client using IMAP.

Do you think it is related to the load balancing problem?

i am also getting a lot of

ERROR:
ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.

how can i fix it?

Use the coupon code [color=#CC0000]FIVEZEROOFF[/color] when signing up to Dreamhost for an instant [color=#CC0000]$50 off[/color]!

Me too. Been happening so frequently that it has me disappointed…

Seems like the IMAP servers are under pressure.
Do not worry about the Thunderbird message. It is just trying to make sense of the dropped IMAP connection so it suggests you have too many connections as it is the only error message that comes close!
Try using ladle.dreamhost.com in the incoming server (at port 143) for your email client. Have your mbx password to hand.

Norm

This is the same problem talked about here.
http://discussion.dreamhost.com/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=forum_troubleshooting&Number=42667&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&part=