Ex-customer thinking about coming back

I had my sites with DreamHost for a year, I moved my two sites to a different host because I had already paid for the other hosting account and there were spare server resources at the time but now I need a second shared hosting account again. I don’t want a VPS, I rather spread the sites in between companies.

I am thinking about coming back to DreamHost since I had a good experience, I am wondering if I am able to use one of the many discount vouchers that can be found around the Internet for new customers or will it count as if I am not a new customer since I was with Dreamhost a year ago and already used a discount code back then. I can still log into my DH control panel but it says the account is “closed”.

Should I open a new account, do I just use the old one?

Thank you

Hello,

I’m happy to hear that you’re interested in coming back!
Unfortunately, we don’t allow accounts that have already used a promo code to use one again. Promo codes and discount codes are a one time use type of thing. You can reactivate your account from here:

https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=billing.accounts&

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Justin H
DreamHost Staff

Well, I just logged into my control panel and as I was giving it a couple of days to think it over I got a promotional email from DreamHost saying that they miss me and offering me a considerable discount, it looks like a premade marketing email and I am speculating that it was automatically triggered after logging in, I have done a bit of marketing too…

I am definitely taking up the offer and I am glad I did not rush to sign up because it would really suck being offered a discount a couple of days after signing up for the normal price, but then, if I had signed up I don’t think I would have never gotten that email.

Furnace Repair Toronto - (905) 581-0935
If you live in the Toronto and surrounding areas need a furnace serviced, Toronto Heating Repair can handle your service call. Our technicians are skilled and experienced to handle almost any situation they come upon. They have fully stocked trucks with tools and parts to get a heating or cooling system operational as soon as possible. We also give reliable estimates on a replacement if it is needed. These estimates will allow you to plan and make a decision without any stress

Furnace Repair Toronto

If you live in the Toronto and surrounding areas need a furnace serviced, Toronto Heating Repair can handle your service call. Our technicians are skilled and experienced to handle almost any situation they come upon. They have fully stocked trucks with tools and parts to get a heating or cooling system operational as soon as possible. We also give reliable estimates on a replacement if it is needed. These estimates will allow you to plan and make a decision without any stress

Furnace Repair Toronto

Furnace Repair Toronto

Furnace Repair Toronto - (905) 581-0935

Furnace Repair Toronto

How much (discount-wise) did they miss you?

Email textual words “We’d like to offer you a year of our shared hosting for just USD$29. That’s a savings of over $90! You can take advantage of this offer today - now, in fact!”

I don’t have to think about this offer for more than a minute, it just felt confusing receiving this email after DH Justin replied that discounts were a one off thing, somewhat misleading but it’s ok, unless he works in marketing he wouldn’t know about this.

It also might not be a regular offer. Another thought is that it might not be available to all former customers, there may be statistics that qualify or disqualify you from receiving the offer. Actually I’ve been around this forum a long time now and this is the first time I remember that discount being mentioned, so it could be brand new too =]

This promotion is a new thing we’re testing. Has nothing to do with the fact that you just logged in recently; that’s just when we happened to send out the emails.

Good timing. Good marketing. Win/Win.

It made me a little nervous because I hadn’t left!