Everything Down

So www.dreamhoststatus.com is down. Mind you, when it was working it was useless: anything I tried to post was apparently spam as well. Way to go with customer support, DreamHost!

The control panel is down.

Our web sites are all still down.

No sign of any life.

No updates on what DreamHost are doing (if anything).

Completely pathetic!

From what I’m reading on other threads, it’s a planned power outage. But it sure would have been nice to receive an email maybe…or maybe they could pay another web hosting provider a few dollars a month to host dreamhoststatus.com for them. That way, when their own core routers have issues (planned or not), at least their “status” site will still be up.

I can accept the outage, planned or not - these things happen. But it’s unacceptable that their status page is down, too.

I believe dreamhoststatus.com is hosted in another data-center, maybe it just couldn’t handle the load. :frowning:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

No, the planned power outage was from midnight PST for three hours.

Everything else since is down to an equipment failure - a duff router - and an inability by DreamHost to manage that properly.

So far 3 hours to replace a UPS cable (the planned element) and 3 hours and counting to sort out a router…

Well, when I suggested they host the domain at another provider, I mean “really” host - DNS and all. A whois on “dreamhoststatus.com” shows their DNS servers are the regular dreamhost servers. And the IP address for the www. server is located within a dreamhost netblock.

both dreamhoststatus.com and ns2.dreamhost.com are hosted off-site.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

I do wish they’d send out a warning on these things. At least it happened on the weekend, but I’ve got clients that freak out at every little outage - and there’s been a few outages the previous year.

(dreamhoststatus.com is not coming up for me either)

www.alidasaxon.com

Since their support area is down also, you would think they would come on here to let us know what the heck is going on.

I read that the problem would be corrected and our websites back up by 4:00 a.m… well it is now 9:00 a.m. and NOTHING is up yet not even their support area!

I like DH, I just do not like their support… it sucks!

So now we have to play a waiting game with them, wondering when and if our sites are going to come back up and NOBODY from their support can come on here to gve us any information. I would be happy if they would do that… but just NOT knowing anything…

Ok, well since this off-site hosting is working so well for them right now, then I’d just suggest they seek an off-site hosting solution that works.

Seriously…things are broken on the dreamhost servers and the “off-site” hosting is also broken. Is this supposed to be a coincidence?

I have no idea why dreamhoststatus.com has gone down, but I can say that it was working fine for me during the 3 hours when the main DreamHost data-center was powered down.

Mark

Yes, but that was when DreamHost took over running/fixing/mending/things.

Until then they’d just been swigging Coke and scoffing pizza…

That sounds like my place on most week-ends. :wink:

Seriously though, I can understand the frustration, my sites are down too and I don’t think I’ll be getting too much done tonight (it’s night time here in Australia), but there isn’t much we can do at the moment, except wait for things to come back up.

At times like this, I do try my hardest not to become too frustrated, as life is too short and there are always bigger things to worry about. :wink:

Edit: Yay! my sites (and the panel) seem to be back up, it looks like I might get something done tonight. :slight_smile:

Mark

ok thanks

Nine hours and counting.

And this was after our site was offline three days ago thanks to the PHP ‘upgrade’…

What a useless bunch these are!

If they’re useless and you’re paying them money, what does that make you? :stuck_out_tongue:

$1 for me << [color=#00CC00]SE7ENOF9[/color] | [color=#CC0000]SE7ENOF97[/color] >> All for you

A customer. Durr…

I don’t know if this is a dumb question or not, but here goes… all my sites are on twinkie and at the moment one is working, but the others aren’t. How could one be working and not the rest?

That’s what routers do. That’s why some people aren’t reporting problems and others are. If you continue to have issues, notify DH support and they’ll get it taken care of.

Wholly - IS NOT MY PROMO CODE. Even worse, I don’t get any credit for it. Use WhollyMindless for full credit. I’m really disappointed in someone.

The status site was “broken” because of all the dipshits posting their ignorant comments and constantly refreshing it.
It would be nice if DH just shut off the comment system (despite the hilarity of many comments).

And anyways, I really don’t see any issue here. Things were down longer than expected. But what would you like them to do? Charge you more for better service? I really doubt many people would continue hosting their sites here if that happened.
If those of you are in that dire need of keeping your website online 24/7, then you should seek real hosting solutions (aka. Dedicated Hosting).

Don’t encourage the dipshits. (grin)

Wholly - IS NOT MY PROMO CODE. Even worse, I don’t get any credit for it. Use WhollyMindless for full credit. I’m really disappointed in someone.