ETA to back online?

Anybody know roughly when the file server problems will be resolved? I haven’t heard anything else from dh (since the announcement 3 days ago). Thanks!

Of the three domains hosted on my account, two were down earlier in the day, they came back up, and now they’re down again.

I left a message asking if it was the file server problems again, but haven’t received a response.

I hope this doesn’t last too long.

last week it happened as well with some of my sites; but even though they - now - all reside on the same machine, most of my sites were back online soon (or never even went offline)
with most machines they fixed the /home symlinks automatically, but for some reason NOT for van. not until i told them my site was still down (and that was saturday 5am GMT 1, and they fixed it within 10 minutes.
today, since 18.45 gmt 1 the same three sites that remained down after the fix, are down again, and NO message/announcement/reply from dreamhost yet, even after a few support requests…

i checked again just now, and now i simply get this:

Index of /
Name Last modified Size Description
Parent Directory 18-Nov-2002 16:23 -

the error i received previously (that was solved by /home symlink fix:

Site Temporarily Unavailable
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.
error id: “bad_httpd_conf”

The sites I referenced have been on and off all day. Either both are accessible or both are not. Strange. Last week DreamHost announced the outage, so I didn’t worry about it. This time were wasn’t an announcement.

I wonder what’s wrong. (Did you start a support ticket?)

My site has been down the whole time and my client is getting antsy. I just sent in a support ticket although there are 205 people ahead of me :slight_smile: Well, keep your fingers crossed.

What’s your site?

There are still some residual problems, unfortunately, but we are working to get things fixed as soon as possible.

It’s http://www.justhookup.com. Any help appreciated Will! Thanks!

This is unbelievably frustrating!

I have had a request in to Support for six days. Twice I have been promised that it would be dealt with “shortly”. As of this evening, still no solution or communication to me about the problem.

Plus, now my request has disappeared from the queue…so, I will send DreamHost yet another support request.

Can anyone shed light on what is happening?

justhookup.com is expired, so the problem isn’t with us (in this particular case).

jazz# whois justhookup.com

Domain created on 08-Nov-2000
Domain expires on 08-Nov-2002
Last updated on 05-Nov-2001

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.NEWDREAM.NET
NS2.NEWDREAM.NET

jazz# dig @b.gtld-servers.net justhookup.com

; <<>> DiG 9.3.0s20020703 <<>> @b.gtld-servers.net justhookup.com
;; global options: printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 12585
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;justhookup.com. IN A

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
com. 86400 IN SOA A.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. NSTLD.VERISIGN-GRS.com. 2002111801 1800 900 604800 86400

;; Query time: 23 msec
;; SERVER: 192.33.14.30#53(b.gtld-servers.net)
;; WHEN: Mon Nov 18 19:21:27 2002
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 105

What’s your site?

I doubt that the question disappeared, although it’s possible that the reply is deferred somehow - do you see a reply in the support history?

eep! Ok, I gotta get this guy (my client) on the horn! Sorry about that dh guys!

Nothing in support history. I noticed that it disappeared from the queue around 4:00 today.

Site is http://bearmountaingifts.com

Home page is fine, but Miva pages are not…

Ralph is out for about 6 weeks; he just had a baby.

I will make sure that tech support knows not to move questions to his queue, and I will get someone else to look into these problems ASAP.

note There is someone responsible for watching his queue while he’s gone. Also, I was wrong about the length of time… and he is going to be getting to some of the questions in his queue while he’s out. So sorry for the misinformation. He is the main person who knows how to fix the Miva stuff, but I will make sure that someone does get to these questions in short order.