Errors When Accessing Stats

Hello,
I’m having trouble when trying to access webstats from the control panel. I get the message:

[i][color=#0000CC]The requested URL /failed_auth.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.[/color][/i]

I can get to some of my webstats (I have several domains) by either using a bookmarked webstats page (from before errors existed) or by typing in mydomain.com/stats. In doing the latter on one of my sites, I had to rename my mod rewrite file. Then I could access from the browser but not with the control panel even with mod rewrite turned off. The sites that I’ve never used mod rewrite on work fine through control panel. But it’s odd that after renaming my .htaccess file I can’t access via control panel. Any thoughts or suggestions before I send this to support?

Thanks in advance!
Hope

I’m unable to access the stats at any of my sites since I’m using Drupal and their rewrite rules conflict with it.

I’ve added the following rewrite rule to my .htaccess before the ‘rewrite everything’ rule:

RewriteRule ^stats/(.*) stats/$1 [NC,L]

Later in the file, the following rule will rewrite almost everything:

Rewrite URLs of the form ‘index.php?q=x’:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]

Shouldn’t the ‘stats’ rule take precedence and cause this one to be skipped? Any idea how I can make it work?