Errors in log: Wrong version for Zend Optimizer

Hello,

Although I read on the newletter that we would get an upgrade to PHP 5.2.0, it seems that some of the PHP libraries are using the old Zend Optimizer:

[Wed Feb 07 16:54:22 2007] [error] [client 66.150.96.109] Zend Optimizer requires Zend Engine API version 220051025.
[Wed Feb 07 16:54:22 2007] [error] [client 66.150.96.109] The Zend Engine API version 220060519 which is installed, is newer.
[Wed Feb 07 16:54:22 2007] [error] [client 66.150.96.109] Contact Zend Technologies at http://www.zend.com/ for a later version of Zend Optimizer.

I see this on all my sites (at least the ones I’ve tested!) on the “fundip” machine. Hopefully this is temporary — it seems that the server is being rather slower than usual because of not being able to run the Zend Optimizer… :expressionless:

I’m just a virtual girl in a virtual world…

Take a look at my blog on virtual worlds

i started getting e-mails with these errors from my cron jobs, so i added “2>/dev/null” to the end. i’m hosted on chex, so it’s not just one machine.

Check out www.dreamhoststatus.com before reporting these kinds of things. You’d know a LOT more.

It was bad. Hindenburg bad.

Wholly

Wholly, if you see the date of my first post and check it with what was posted on DH’s blog, you’ll see that it predates DH’s explanation by about a day or so. And yes, I checked the blog, checked the forums, went to the online chat, and reported the issue to DH before posting here :slight_smile:

Fortunately, DH’s amazing team quickly fixed the issue by compiling the appropriate version for the Zend Optimizer (in record time, from my point of view), and it’s now running smoothly.

• Gwyn

Sorry for not noticing the timing. Glad it’s working again though! Certainly not a “good” surprise!

Wholly

It wasn’t a nice surprise, no, not at all… although things worked, they worked terribly slowly. But after DH patched the Zend Optimizer, as well as removed a “rogue” user, performance on some of the sites I had there (namely, my own blog), increased tenfold! This was a truly astonishing increase in performance :slight_smile: