Errors in log: Wrong version for Zend Optimizer


#1

Hello,

Although I read on the newletter that we would get an upgrade to PHP 5.2.0, it seems that some of the PHP libraries are using the old Zend Optimizer:

[Wed Feb 07 16:54:22 2007] [error] [client 66.150.96.109] Zend Optimizer requires Zend Engine API version 220051025.
[Wed Feb 07 16:54:22 2007] [error] [client 66.150.96.109] The Zend Engine API version 220060519 which is installed, is newer.
[Wed Feb 07 16:54:22 2007] [error] [client 66.150.96.109] Contact Zend Technologies at http://www.zend.com/ for a later version of Zend Optimizer.

I see this on all my sites (at least the ones I’ve tested!) on the “fundip” machine. Hopefully this is temporary — it seems that the server is being rather slower than usual because of not being able to run the Zend Optimizer… :expressionless:


I’m just a virtual girl in a virtual world…

Take a look at my blog on virtual worlds


#2

i started getting e-mails with these errors from my cron jobs, so i added “2>/dev/null” to the end. i’m hosted on chex, so it’s not just one machine.


#3

Check out www.dreamhoststatus.com before reporting these kinds of things. You’d know a LOT more.

It was bad. Hindenburg bad.

Wholly


#4

Wholly, if you see the date of my first post and check it with what was posted on DH’s blog, you’ll see that it predates DH’s explanation by about a day or so. And yes, I checked the blog, checked the forums, went to the online chat, and reported the issue to DH before posting here :slight_smile:

Fortunately, DH’s amazing team quickly fixed the issue by compiling the appropriate version for the Zend Optimizer (in record time, from my point of view), and it’s now running smoothly.

  • Gwyn

I’m just a virtual girl in a virtual world…

Take a look at my blog on virtual worlds


#5

Sorry for not noticing the timing. Glad it’s working again though! Certainly not a “good” surprise!

Wholly


#6

It wasn’t a nice surprise, no, not at all… although things worked, they worked terribly slowly. But after DH patched the Zend Optimizer, as well as removed a “rogue” user, performance on some of the sites I had there (namely, my own blog), increased tenfold! This was a truly astonishing increase in performance :slight_smile:


I’m just a virtual girl in a virtual world…

Take a look at my blog on virtual worlds