"error while upgrading wordpress"

wordpress

I have used wordpress for years and never received an error message during the automatic upgrades until now. Fairly recently I set up a new site - that’s the one that received the error message. Site appears to work fine but I’m wondering if something is wrong and where to look to fix it, at least to prevent future error messages. I googled but did not find a solution. Can anyone explain this message?

Here’s the the messages:
Subject: [username] There was an error while upgrading wordpress on your site!

Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 17:01:26 -0800

We were unable to set up wordpress as requested at:
http://www.website.com/

The problem was directory /home/name/website.com doesn’t exist! Unable to upgrade!

Please correct this and go to our web panel and re-submit your
wordpress upgrade request.

Thanks, and sorry about that!
The Happy DreamHost Installer Robot

hosta, If you can provide your domain name, we can locate your account and look into it for you!

Actually… here is a reply from support on that issue…

Ah, yeah, that was very much not you :frowning: We’re sorry about that hassle and we’re fixing it.

We got the same message, although our complication is that we have a redirect from domain.com to domain.org. Domain.com was where the original WordPress install is and domain.org is now the fully hosted site. Does this make a difference or should we assume the fix you are working on will take care of the message we got?

Thanks!

If you DID actually move your WordPress install, then the error message was probably correct. Contact DreamHost Support with details so we can update our records on where the install actually lives, so that the upgrade can work properly.

The install didn’t move, both domains are registered to the same client account with Dreamhost and the hosting has always been with Dreamhost. Not sure if that has any bearing but we’ve submitted a message to support. Thanks!