Error when unzipping a tar archive of my site

Anyone have an idea what’s causing this:

tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

I made an archive of my site using the code at the bottom of the page linked below, but I’m not able to unzip the .tar.gz file.

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Automatic_Backup

Jalpuna! - personal blog
twenty200 - photo blog
robsdemo - what I do

You’re using unzip?
You downloaded it to your PC using ascii mode?
Your tar process was killed mid-tar?

You are welcome to a refund.-Michael;Comparing ‘DH of today’ with ‘DH of old’ does not serve much purpose.-Dallas

I’m on a Mac. I downloaded it using FTP (binary). I’ve tried unzipping the file with software, and then I tried using Terminal in Mac OS X (unix, I believe)

Jalpuna! - personal blog
twenty200 - photo blog
robsdemo - what I do

If I were you, first I’d put the tar.gz file into a temporary directory, on the server, and see if it will unzip ok before download…

I’ve tried unzipping the file with software, and then I tried using Terminal in Mac OS X

Really?! Software?! No way!. :slight_smile:

Terminal is cool though.

…then I’d describe precisely what I was doing to produce the error messages. :slight_smile:

My money is on incomplete file, or operator error. :slight_smile:

==

You are welcome to a refund.-Michael;Comparing ‘DH of today’ with ‘DH of old’ does not serve much purpose.-Dallas

Did you try stuffit expander?

You could always try extracting it to a temp directory on the server to see if it is a problem with the file or not.

Check out Gordaen’s Knowledge, the blog, and the MR2 page.

Thanks gordaen. I’ll try that as soon as I have time to sit down with this project again.

Jalpuna! - personal blog
twenty200 - photo blog
robsdemo - what I do