Error Uploading Word Press theme "Contimuum"

I’m not sure this is the right place to get help, but thought I would give it a shot.

I purchased the Word Press “Continuum” theme which I have worked with before, and did the download. When I do the upload to my DreamHost site, I get an error that says the style.css stylesheet is missing.

This may be vague, but the files just aren’t uploading the way they should and it’s frustrating as hell. Perhaps I should go to the company I purchased the theme from (Envato) and get them to sort this out since I paid for the theme.

I just don’t know if it’s a site issue, or a combined site/theme issue, or where to go from here.

I am very family with Word Press and downloaded that first to my site, then started with the Continuum theme … this is just hair-pulling.

Maybe someone here has an idea or two.

Thank you.

It’s not really clear from your post what is happening. Are you getting an error from wordpress itself, or perhaps from a file transfer tool that is handling the connection and the upload? Perhaps the EXACT text of the error message would help.

When downloading the Continuum - Magazine Wordpress Theme after purchasing it from Envato, it gives you 3 options during the download as follows:

All files & documentation
Installable WordPress file only
License certificate & purchase code

I initially did the “All files & documentation” download, which put it in a zip file. Then I uploaded the zip file through the WP Dashboard in the Themes area but got the error that the upload failed and the product was missing the “Stylesheet.”

I then downloaded the “Installable WordPress file only” from my account at Envato and I was able to get that uploaded to my website in order to use the theme, but I still got the message below the Theme area that said …

Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.

Name Description
Continuum - Stylesheet is missing. Delete

When I check the Editor area of the theme, it looks as though I’m also running a “demos” version of the theme instead of the purchased theme, so this is rather frustrating.

This is what shows in the editor:

/*
Theme Name: Continuum
Theme URI: http://demos.brianmcculloh.com/continuum
Description: Continuum Magazine
Author: Industrial Themes
Author URI: http://www.industrialthemes.com
Version: 1.15
Tags: white, black, blue, dark, light, left-sidebar, custom-header, custom-background, theme-options, threaded-comments, fixed-width, two-columns, translation-ready, custom-menu

License:
License URI:

These are the general comments!
*/

I have my purchase code as well, and when you purchase something like this, you expect to get a complete product so that it works properly, but I get messages that this theme is broken and incomplete and not sure what to do at this point.

BTW … I’m not a tech person and don’t code and don’t have the knowledge of how all of this works like I’m sure most of you. I’m just looking for a little help so that I can have my product working properly.

I also sent in a support case at Envato, but not sure where that’s going to get me.

I appreciate any guidance here at all, so thank you very much.

I’m a writer, and that’s what I want to continue doing at my site without these issues.

Frustrated and hungry, so making dinner.

Thanks

It sounds like your doing everything correct technically on the dreamhost side. Without reading Envato’s documentation tho I can’t guess what’s going wrong. It would seem like you would only need the installation file.

You might have to wait for their support.

Thank you again for your response, and with regard to Envato support … I’m not holding my breath because it doesn’t seem that my issues matter after purchasing the product, and since the product is digital, it also seems that I wouldn’t get a refund if I chose not to use the WP theme.

I’ll update when/if anything further transpires.

Thanks!