Error running PERL

software development

I attempted to run POP2IMAP to import e-mail from an ISP I’m trying to move off of and received some file location issues. The support Wiki had instructions, but obviously things have moved. Any PERL gurus out there know the proper location settings. This is an example of the command and the error I received:

[mystique]$ perl pop2imap --host1 --user1 --password1 XXXXXX --host2 --user2 --password2 XXXXXX

Can’t locate Email/ in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at pop2imap line 98.
BEGIN failed–compilation aborted at pop2imap line 98.

I am running the bash shell. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I am having the same issue.

Not my area of expertise, but this would seem to mean perl is complaining that the Email/ module is not found. @INC is an array of directories in which perl searches, in order of appearance in that array.

Now, when I go

[taffy]$ locate Email/

It shows Email/ installed on my server. Which is taffy. Try running ‘locate Email/’ from your command line and see what you get. If it isn’t installed, you can either ask for help from support (which seems legitimate) or else install the module in a subdirectory under your $HOME. You can do the latter, though it takes a little work. Then you need to instruct perl to look there and I’m sure there’s at least one way, probably more, to do that but I’d have to refresh my memory.

The subtle source is clear and bright
The tributar streams flow through the darkness