Error on MT install

apps

I am trying to install MT, and I come up with the 500 error. I checked the error logs and when I run the mt-check.cgi I get this: Can’t find string terminator “HTML” anywhere before EOF at mt-check.cgi line 57

when I run the mt-load.cgi I get this:
Can’t find string terminator “HTML” anywhere before EOF at mt-check.cgi line 57.

Can anyone help? I’m new to the whole cgi thing, so consider me clueless. I did upload the files in the correct format, and the permissions to the cgi files are all 755.

Thanks!

Hi,

What version of MT are you trying to install? I haven’t installed it forever, but did a quick net search.

Any mention of that error in “troubleshooting” installation?

I know what it would mean if I were writing a script “by hand”. But strange if its a fresh install and you haven’t modified anything. Of course, it could be an MT bug, but not saying it is.

Check the instructions; write back here with version number.

cya.

Jim

[quote]when I run the mt-load.cgi I get this:
Can’t find string terminator “HTML” anywhere before EOF at
mt-check.cgi line 57.

[/quote]

I’m very much not an MT expert, but if I had to guess I’d say that somewhere in a configuration file you deleted something (such as a quote, or a here-doc ending in ‘HTML’), and that’s why it’s complaining.

Usually when you get these string terminator type errors, it means that a variable isn’t closed correct.

Then again, I don’t know much about what mt-check.cgi does, but it’s worth looking at…

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

It is version 2.63

Check out this terrific Dreamhost MT Install page from Robert @ Wombat Nation. http://www.wombatnation.com/misc/installMTDreamHost.html

I’m not really anonymous, just too lazy to login. :slight_smile: