Error messages - NEED HELP!

Hi, I submitted a ticket for this last night, but haven’t heard back from you guys yet. I’m getting warning messages in regards to my tmp folder and I’m suspecting that the permissions have changed on it or something. Here’s what it looks like (although I’ve edited the path for security reasons):

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_02226b5fd79d5dc0189000543d5891c2, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/.lauder/…/photocart/manage.php on line 3

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/.lauder/…/photocart/manage.php:3) in /home/.lauder/…/manage.php on line 3

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.lauder/…/photocart/manage.php:3) in /home/.lauder/…/manage.php on line 5

Can you tell me what’s going on and how to fix it??? I need this back up and running because I have customers that can’t order!!

The first error (the only one that matters) indicates that you no longer have write permission for the “/temp” folder.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

So how do I fix it? I didn’t change anything. How do I get to the temp folder? Is this something I can do or does Dreamhost have to do it?

You will need to submit a support ticket.

Like I said, I already sent one, but no one has responded to me. I was hoping someone here could help me.

The ticket number is #1580589

Maybe you can setup a new tmp area under your home space? What’s the script; where’s the documentation?

You are welcome to a refund.-Michael;Comparing ‘DH of today’ with ‘DH of old’ does not serve much purpose.-Dallas

I’m not sure what you mean by script or documentation, but I have a database set up with Photocart installed (www.picturespro.com). It’s a shopping cart program for photographers. I’ve already contacted the developer of the program and he also says that it is a tmp folder permission problem.

You must be patient. You will receive a response to your open support ticket sooner or later. In the meantime, anonymous2’s idea about setting-up a separate temporary directory might work.

How do you set up a temporary folder? And how does that work with getting programs to recognize it as such?

I’ve just realized that you are using some sort of photo software, which probably means you are uploading images, correct? If that is the case, you will probably have to wait for DreamHost to respond.

Yes, I am uploading images. Thanks anyway.

I heard back from Dreamhost! They fixed the problem right away. Apparently it’s a problem with all domains on the virgil webserver.