Error: Got error 28 from storage engine

wordpress

Any one getting this error today?

I’m getting it also. I sent a support ticket in about it so we’ll see when it gets fixed.

bryan | website

And me - 2 of my hosted Wordpress blogs are currently hosed and returning this error (plus)

Since I can’t access http://status.dreamhost.com/ which is for when “If those are down, something bad is afoot” I guess something really bad is afoot.

Strangely, I can access the individual blog entries via their permalinks, but not via the front page and normal navigation methods. shrugs

Now unhosed. Being a Sunday and still early hours (I think) where the servers are, I tend to assume server main/upgrades in this sort of scenario, and give it a wee while.

Sometimes reassuring to see the “me too’s” - and it is enough to save me hassling support too!

I read it somewhere that restarting mySQL server will fix the problem. i think this must be done by someone out there in dreamhost. lets hope the issue be resolved asap!

my link

Actually the problem was (and confirmed by my support response) was that the db server actually had filled up. He said they got it down to 80% capacity and are working with the admins on a permanent solution.

bryan | website