Error establishing a database connection

wordpress

For the last couple of hours I’ve been getting the error message “Error establishing a database connection” when trying to access my blog page. It worked this morning when I checked, but about three hours ago it just stopped? I used the one click installer to install Wordpress and it set up the db for me too. Unfortunately I’m on my iPad so I can’t check my wp-config file, though even if I could I’m not even sure how to fix the problem (if it’s something I can fix myself?) as I’m a bit of a newbie when it comes to databases. Help?

Okay, so I think I fixed it myself. I finally got access to a computer and the first thing I did was check the wp-config file. Everything looked okay, password was the correct one and user, etc. But then I noticed that for some reason, a hostname for mysql was never created when I used wordpress installer, so i created one with the same name as it said in my wp-config file, and now it works again :slight_smile:

Hopefully this was all it took, and I’m crossing my fingers that it won’t happen again.

This is a recurrent wordpress question, always chek that wp-config informations match with your Database.

I’m having this same issue with a new installation. I’ve been using Wordpress for years and have never seen this before. What would I need to change in wp-config to make things reconnect?

Are you still having trouble? If you’d like, just let me know the domain and I’ll take a look at it for you. :slight_smile:

I’m having this issue as well. I’m not able to connect to my websites via web browser. I checked the wp-config file and it has the accurate info. Wondering if this has to do with the new wordpress install?
[hr]

I suppose this is resolved now. Logged into my MySQL database and found this status message:

Looks it just started back up again.