Enable remote mysql connect. +open firewall ports?

apps

Hello. I’m installing a script. The master script are hosted on DreamHost, and the slave script is installed on another host.
My question is:
1: Is it possible to enable remote mysql connections on Dreamhost?
2: Can I open firewall ports, on Dreamhost?

In the script HELP file it says:
“Follow normal installation instructions. Remote servers have to connect same mysql server as your main installation. So you have to use the same Mysql user, password and database name that you used on 1st server and right mysql host (can’t be localhost!!). You will have to enable remote mysql connections and open firewall ports otherwise connection will be rejected.”

Regards
happyend.

[quote]Hello. I’m installing a script. The master script are hosted on DreamHost, and the slave script is installed on another host.
My question is:
1: Is it possible to enable remote mysql connections on Dreamhost?
2: Can I open firewall ports, on Dreamhost?[/quote]
DreamHost has a way for you to accomplish this by simply allowing the remote connection, by IP address or hostname, for the MySQL user you are using to access the database.

Allowing the appropriate remote access in the Goodies -> Manage MySQL screen (click on the linked named user, under the “Users with access” column of the appropriate database ) should allow what you need. :wink:

–rlparker

Thanks a lot rlparker !
I’ll try this.

You seem to be a TRUE DH DreamMaster !!

Ha ha ha! You are welcome, and just remember that appearances can be deceiving! You wouldn’t believe the things I’ve been called here, though I do try to help when I can. :wink:

–rlparker