Empty page in non-indexed directories

I am new to using dreamhost and rapidweaver. I used a different host and dreamweaver in the past.

Is there a way in either the host or rapidweaver (rw_common, etc) to default an empty “index.htm”, “index.html”, and/or a default.htm* in directories that do not contain just files, no web pages? It seems like a security issue if a web browser can view the files in those directories…and what I’ve done in the past was install a empty page(s) as stated above…maybe I worry too much…

It may just be a setting I’m missed. Anyone know?

[quote]Is there a way in either the host or rapidweaver (rw_common, etc) to default an empty “index.htm”, “index.html”, and/or a default.htm* in directories that do not contain just files, no web pages? It seems like a security issue if a web browser can view the files in those directories…and what I’ve done in the past was install a empty page(s) as stated above…maybe I worry too much…

It may just be a setting I’m missed. Anyone know?[/quote]
The web server software is Apache HTTP Server and you can stick a text file named .htaccess in a directory that affects that directory and its subdirectories.

You can modify the server-generated directory indexes to cause a “403 Forbidden” error response instead using the directive:

Options -Indexes

And if for some reason you want intercept these errors you can do so using the following directive:

ErrorDocument 403 forbidden-response

Where forbidden-response could be a URL. If the URL is to a local script or a server-parsed document, you can detect if the request is for a directory.

:cool: openvein.org -//- One-time [color=#6600CC]$50.00 discount[/color] on [color=#0000CC]DreamHost[/color] plans: Use ATROPOS7